New Light Children Centre Organization (NELICO). Is a Non-profit, Non-Governmental Organization registered under the Non-Governmental Organizations Act No. 24 of 2002 on 28th March 2006 and awarded with registration certificate No. 00NGO/0739. NELICO currently operate in Geita Regionfocusing on supporting Orphans, Most Vulnerable children and Youth by providing free legal services to the marginalized groups, direct support to MVC, Youth involvement, Health awareness, improved quality education and Psycho social Support to women, children and people with Disability.
Improved quality education project (IQE) implementation started since 2016, in 8 wards of Geita town council and Geita district council covers 10 schools. It extended to 20 schools in 2019 after 3 years of successful project implementation and reasonable results.IQE focuses on improving competencies in Literacy and Numeracy skills, self-esteem, self-confidence, and subject related skills in 20 primary schools of Geita District council and Town.
To ensure its sustainability IQE project works hand in hand with the government education departments (quality Assurance department and education department) from planning, implementation, review and evaluation.
Position: Education Officer
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: Geita Town and District councils
Starting date: 1st April 2019 or as per agreement
· University degree /Post graduate degree in education, with a focus on early childhood, Primary Education or teacher education or Teachers education or relevant field.
· At least 3 years of experience in education programming with focus on enhancing quality education and literacy promotion.
· Analyses of the education sector and support to the strategic development of the Country Programme.
· Knowledge sharing and trainings to stakeholders and staff on educational contents and processes.
· Monitoring and reporting on the results of the project output, activities and outcome.
· Proven track record of coordinating projects involving different stakeholders;
· Demonstrated understanding of programme development with practical experiences in Project Cycle Management and Result Based Management;
· Effective and proficient communication in English and Kiswahili Language
· Excellent computer skills in Word,Excel and outlook.
· Ability to maintain effective working relationship with all levels of staff and public
· Age limit: Not above 45 years.
· Good understanding of children’s rights and protection policy
· Skills in Monitoring and Evaluation
· Project Management
· Evaluating and reporting on the work of teachers and on the progress of the classroom teaching in the project schools;
· Evaluating and ensuring the quality and standards of teaching and learning in the project schools and
· Participating and contributing effectively in the project trainings including report writing;
· Ensuring that the policies and provisions laid down in the Education Act, national education curricular and other related provisions are adhered to;
· Providing advice, input, support and monitoring in connection with curriculum development, management, quality assurance development, management and implementation at local government and school level
· Advising, supporting and monitoring educational programs in the project schools;
· Integrating the gender perspective in the school programs and initiatives and the project initiatives;
· In collaboration with Quality Assurance Department, the education officer will be responsible for mentoring teachersand ensuring their professional development;
· Assisting in the preparation of budgets, Collecting and maintaining relevant project data and statistics.
· Participating in the development of monitoring and mentoring tools, monitoring of learning outcomes towards achieving the project goals
· Advising on the development of teaching aids and other educational resources in the project schools;
Any other duties according to the exigency of the ministry of education as directed District Education Officers and DistrictQuality Assurance Officers.
To apply please email your updated C.V/Resume, cover letter and copy of your academic certificates to email@example.com or via Postal P.O.Box160 Geita before close of bossiness on 8/3/2019.
N/B: Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
NELICO is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Nelico seeks to promote human rights by providing free legal services to the marginalized groups, direct support to MVC, Youth involvement, GBV Prevention,Health awareness, Improve Quality Education and Psycho-social support provision to women, children and people with disability.
To have a Tanzania community in which all people protect human and child rights, access quality health services and empowered youths
1. Capacity Building
2. Legal AID
3. Gender Based Violence Prevention
4. Psychosocial Support
5. Health Care
6. Youth Empowerment
7. Improve Quality Education
8. Child Right Advocacy
11. Economic Empowerement
12. Albinism and disability
13. Community Engagement
NELICO is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that started in 2004. Since its inception, it has been implementing projects related to: Psychosocial Support, Youth Voice, Legal Aid, Child Protection and Prevention of Killings of People with Albinism.
Thanks to your support, we are able to commit ourselves to help the most disadvantaged children, families and communities in Tanzania.
New Light Children Center Organization (NELICO) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization registered under the Non-Governmental Organizations Act No. 24 of 2002 on 28th March 2006 and was given the registration certificate No. OONGO/0739.
NELICO started its operations in Geita District in March of 2004 as a small non-governmental organization focusing on support to orphans and the most vulnerable children. The start of the organization was motivated by the desire to address the issues of HIV/AIDS and orphans in the district.
The Tanzanian government officially announced that Geita is the leading district for HIV transmission in the Lake Victoria regions of Tanzania and that the impact of HIV and AIDS has serious detrimental effects on the lives of women and children in this district. The government appeals to NGO’s to support them in these issues.
Following this announcement and the devastating effects of HIV and AIDS on the lives of children in Geita district, four committed women, specialized in sociology came together with the motto: “Live to Serve”. They agreed to start an organization with the name NELICO. Since its inception, NELICO has been implementing projects related to: Psychosocial Support, Youth Voice, Legal Aid, Child Protection and Prevention of Killings of People with Albinism.
The organization’s target audiences are children, youth and marginalized groups, also in the rural communities.
The organization’s main assets are the communities which are the custodians and beneficiaries of everything that it does. Our donors also play a role as an asset, seeing as they donate funds to run the activities of the organization. Lastly, the staff is also considered as an asset of the organization.